Looking to work in a Fast Pace Emergency Response Environment?
Job responsibilities include:
- Answers incoming emergency and non-emergency voice and Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD) calls
- Determines nature of call and dispatches correct personnel / departments
- Simultaneously enters information into the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) System
- Answers radio traffic from local and corresponding agencies
- Dispatches the appropriate agency personnel to scenes through use of radio
- Advises supervisors of all priority calls.
- Utilizes computer to enter and retrieve data
- Processes requests from officers and/or deputies
- Forwards information to the appropriate emergency response units or agencies
- Testifies in Court
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Shift Work with 12-hour shifts (Work 3 days-off 2 days, work 2 days-off 3 days; work 14 days/month)
High School Diploma or GED required; supplemented by one year of work experience that shows the ability to maintain steady employment in any field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Preferred Qualifications License and Certifications
Must obtain and maintain the following certifications: TAC and NCIC Terminal Operator, Basic Communications Officer, TDD/TTY, and CPR / T-CPR.
Tasks require the ability to exert moderate, though not constant physical effort, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and prolonged standing, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (12-20 pounds).
Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate colors or shades of colors, sounds, and visual cues or signals. Some tasks require the ability to communicate orally.
Essential functions are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Sequatchie County E-911 ECD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us if you require accommodation to apply for a position. If you need assistance, please contact us at 423-949-9912
Sequatchie County E-911 ECD is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident testing.